Thursday, July 8, 2010

Trying out another purse pattern

My friend, Rachel, was in need of a new purse and had seen pictures of some of my previous projects. So she asked if I would make one for her. I had just purchased a couple of patterns from Sewing With Me over on Etsy and wanted to give them a try. After a couple of hours I had this...
It's a little difficult to see the details with the busy print but there are pleats just under the handles. The pattern included a fabric flower to attach but I didn't think it would look right with this fabric, plus we were running late for Rachel's 4th of July BBQ and I wanted to present it to her there. I'll definitely be making one these for myself in a different fabric and now that the first try is out of the way the second should go much faster.

1 comment:

Megs said...

How did I not know that you had a blog?