Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What to make Wednesday

Sorry, no bucket hat this week. Slight change of plans. My friend's daughter is turning 5 soon and I decided to make her a tulle tutu using this video. I was originally going to make this tutu pettiskirt but while I was standing at the cutting table at Joann's a lady came up with at least 5 different bolts of tulle. The lady behind the counter asked her if she was making a tutu and my ears perked up. She even had the same colors as me. So I make a split second decision to join the rest of the blog world and make a tulle tutu. I asked the girl cutting my fabric if I could get the remaining tulle from a couple of the other lady's bolts once she was finished with them. I'll get back to the pettiskirt later but this was so quick and easy I just couldn't resist.

pictures 001

I used about 3 yards of tulle (2 pink and 1 purple).

pictures 002

My little gnome was NOT happy about modeling. But he's still cuter than the lamp. :)

This week's project: Curtains for my little gnome's room. I bought the fabric months ago and even cut it already. I'll be using my mom's method for plain pannel curtains. If I get really ambitious I might just post a tutorial!!!


No comments: