Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What to make Wednesday

My sewing time is very limited these days. Between chasing around my 17 month old and being a full time college student (again), my machine just doesn't get as much attention as I would like. So I have an idea to set aside one day a week where I pick a project and just get to it. Enter "What to make Wednesday" a weekly (hopefully) post where I pick a project to make that week and blog about what I made the week before. This should (in theory) not only help me focus my crafting powers but keep me posting on a regular basis. Sounds like a plan eh?

Since I don't have a project from last week I'm going to cheat a little and talk about a project I made a while ago.

fabric travel high chair
(Just pretend that it's clean)

This is a fabric travel high chair for my little gnome (I think that's what I'll call DA on here from now on). I first read about this idea over here at Homemade by Jill. I found a tutorial elsewhere but can't seem to find it right now.


Fabric high chair

I whipped this sucker out in no time. I can fold it up and leave it in a side pocket of the diaper bag, just in case. Although I haven't used it as much as I thought I would, it has definitely saved us on a few occasions. Mr. Gnome thinks it looks like a sumo diaper (his words).

My sister made one too.



So here is what I'm going to make this week. A bucket hat for my little gnome from Sew Much Ado. I just might have to make a trip to Joann's to pick out some cute fabric. :)

2 comments:

Megs said...

That is one cute little gnome!

Meredith said...

OMG I LOVE THIS!!!!! When are you opening your Etsy shop????? I just hope you open one sooner than my little ones outgrow the need for a thing like this!