Sunday, February 11, 2007

Socks and more sock yarn.

I finished my first pair of socks! I'm pretty happy with them considering I've only knitted scarves and hats before. My digital camera has been MIA since our Super Bowl party so I can't put up any pictures at this time. Hopefully it will turn up soon.

Next on my list, socks for my sister and her daughter. I'll be using Lisa Souza's Can't Elope for my sis and her Berry Poppins for my niece. I still haven't decided on a pattern and the fact that I don't have #1 size dpns is making things a little more difficult. I've ordered a pair but it will be a week or so before they get here and I really don't want to wait that long to start on their socks. I already wound the Berry Poppins into a ball and it looks so pretty!



I also have a skein of Lisa Souza's Mars Quake and Violet's Pink Ribbon that are calling to me. Plus I have some extra squishy yarn that I got for my mom at a yarn shop in Yokosuka that is run by a very sweet elderly lady. She even gave me a free sock pattern when I bought the yarn!! Too bad it's in japanese. It does have a chart but I don't understand the whole chart/diagram thing yet.


No comments: